Welcome to the Bethpage UFSD Help Desk and Support Web Site!
Use an Apple iPod with iTunes...
1. Log in the computer and wait for the desktop to fully appear.
2. Plug in your iPod to any available USB port using the cable that came with it (USB ports are on both the front and back of most Dell computers).
1. After a few moments the following license screen appears. Click "Agree" to continue.
2. The iTuens main screen will launch and you will see the standard options and your iPod appear on the navigation menu.
3.Single left-click your iPod's name in the left window pane to see its contents and details. From here you can add and remove files from the iPod.
4. Single left-click "Library" in the left window pane to see its conents. The Library is the collection of media files on the local computer (not the iPod). From here you can add and remove files from the Library and iPod.
5. Single left-click on the "File" menu and choose "Add File to Library" or "Add Folder to Library" in order to perform the respective task.
6. When finished working it is necessary to use the software to "EJECT" the iPod before physically disconnecting it. Use either the eject button next to the iPod display or the button on the lower-right portion of the program window.
7. Once the iPod's name no longer appears it is safe to physically disconnect it. You will see the "Do not disconnect" message also disappear on the iPod's own display. You may then close out the iTunes application.