Welcome to the Bethpage UFSD Help Desk and Support Web Site!
Setup a Laptop/Notebook computer with a projector...
1. As shown below (Figure 1 and Figure 2) carefully unpack your projector. Please handle with care as it can sometimes be tricky to remove the projector from the case.
2. After removing the projector close the case and acquire the Power and VGA cables located in the zippered pouch on the front of the case (see Figure 3 for details).
3. Notice in Figure 4 there are two VGA ports on the projector a "Montor In" and "Monitor Out". The VGA cable supplied will be plugged into the "Monitor In" on the projector. The other end of this cable will be plugged into the VGA port on the back of the laptop (see Figure 5 and Figure 6).
4. Locate the supplied power cord and plug it into the port on the side of the projector (see Figure 7) and the other end into an outlet or surge protector.
5. You may adjust the height by pushing the button on the front of the projector. (see Figure 8) Lift the projector and push the button. A spring loaded foot will pop out of the bottom of the projector. (see Figure 9) To adjust the height hold the button in and adjust height. When desired height is reached let go of the button. The height is now set.
6. Now locate the lens cover on the front of the projector and remove it (see Figure 10).
7. Power up the laptop and the projector. In some occasions the projector may find the connected laptop and start projecting immediately. If not hold down the Function key( FN ) and then tap the "F8" key once to toggle the video source (see Figure 11 and Figure 12).
8. Lastly always remember that the projector must cool down before you unplug it from the power source. The time it takes to cool down will be dependant on how long it was running. Press the power button twice to power it down and wait until the green power light blinks before unplugging it from the power source. Failure to follow this step decreases the life of the projector bulb thus making the projector useless.