Welcome to the Bethpage UFSD Help Desk and Support Web Site!
Use Microsoft Movie Maker with a SONY Camcorder...
The school district SONY camcorders can easily be paired up with Windows Movie Maker for creating video content.
1. Turn the camera on by sliding the ON/OFF switch down.
2. To select either CAMERA mode or PLAY/EDIT mode slide the ON/OFF switch down again. CAMERA mode is for recording and PLAY/EDIT mode is for playback.
3. To start or stop recording press the REC button. This feature only works when in CAMERA mode.
4. To view or edit the video you must be in PLAY/EDIT mode. From there you can use the controls to play, pause, rewind, fastfoward the recorded video.
5. To connect the Camcorder to the computer use the suppied USB cable and connect it to the spot show below.
6. Connect the USB cable to the computer in the spot show below. This may look slightly different on certain model computers.
7. Once the camcorder is connected open Movie Maker to the main screen.
8. Under the Capture Video section select Capture from video device and the below dialog box will appear. Select the SONY camera and click Next.
9. Enter a name for the video to be captured. Also, choose a location to save the file to. Then click Next.
10. Leave the video quality at the recommended settings. Click Next to continue.
11. Now you will begin actually capturing the video. Video playback from the camcorder will be seen live on the preview screen. Start playing the video from the camcorder (it must be in PLAY/EDIT mode). Then click Start Capture to begin copying the video to the computer. Click Stop Capture to end the copy process. Click Finish to complete the process.
12. At this point you can begin manipulating the video content. You can also add/remove/move content to and from the Storyboard at the bottom of the screen. In order to create finished content there must be something in the Storyboard.
13. To complete the video click Save to my computer in the Finish Movie section. A dialog box will appear. Enter the name of the video and where to save it. Then click Next.
14. Leave the default settings on this screen and click Next.
15. Click Finish to complete the process. You may want to uncheck Play movie when I click Finish.