Welcome to the Bethpage UFSD Help Desk and Support Web Site!
All of the scanners in the Bethpage School District are HP Scanjet G4010 model units. These scanners can be found in:
BHS108, 112, 114, Faculty Lounge, Library
JFK 213 (Computer Lab), Library
CB 209 (Computer Lab), Library
CC 201 (Computer Lab), Library
KL 202 (Computer Lab), Library
1. Make sure the scanner is turned on. The front of the scanner has a small light that should be lit solid green, that means that it is turned on. If it is not lit turn the scanner on using the power switch on the back of the unit.
2. Log in to the computer if you have not already done so. Open the Vistascan program (there is an icon labeled "Vistascan" on the Start Menu).
3. Select 'Advanced Mode' by clicking on the button labeled " Advanced '. This mode gives you more options.
4. Place your picture or item in the scanners bed. You must lift up the cover on the scanner and place the item face down.
5. Now click on the " Preview " (quick scan) button to get a view of the item. On the left portion of the program screen you will see a picture of the item that is in the scanner bed.
6. When scanning pictures it is best to reduce the size of the image by changing the 'zoom size.' Click on the button that says " 100% " and change it to " 25% ."
7. You can change where the file scans to by going into the " Options Menu " and choosing the " Destination Tab . " The path should be set to H:\ so that file will scan to your home directory.
8. Now you can click on the " Scan " button to scan your item. You will see a small window appear and then it will close.
9. The scan is now complete. There will be a file named " TMP " (or TMP1, TMP2, etc...) in your H: drive. That is the image you just created while scanning. You can now rename the file and/or move it wherever you want. You're done!