Welcome to the Bethpage UFSD Help Desk and Support Web Site!
All Bethpage UFSD teachers have a Shared Folder on the system. This is a folder that exists on the drive letter S. The naming convention for these folders is simple. For example, Bob Smith's shared folder would be called "Mr. Smith." The teachers who owns the shared folder is able to save anything they want into it. Other teachers and students in the same building can only read or copy information from that folder, they cannot modify or delete anything. The Shared Folder can be an excellent tool to use in the lab environment and other areas. Below you will see some basic instruction on how to use your shared folder. If you would like to perform some more specific tasks please contact Help Desk.
NOTE: If you do not have a Shared Folder and would like one setup please let us know by contacting Help Desk!
Getting to your Shared Folder...
1. Double-click on My Computer which is on the Desktop. You will see a number of drives available. Each school may look slightly different. For example, the high school's S: drive is called "SharedBHS."
2. When you double-click on the S: drive you will see a listing of its contents. Then double-click on the folder that is assigned to you. Below you will see Mr. Fox's Shared Folder at the high school highlighted.
Using your Shared Folder...
1. Locate a file that you would like to place or copy to your Shared Folder. Highlight the file and then choose the Edit menu and click Copy.
2. Use the instructions above to navigate to your Shared Folder.
3. Choose the Edit menu and click Paste. Your file is now located in your Shared Folder and will be accessible to students and teachers in your building!