Welcome to the Bethpage UFSD Help Desk and Support Web Site!
Share your Powerpoint presentation...
1. Create a Powerpoint presentation and save it (in your home directory "H" or your shared directory "S."
2. To share the prensetation with another teacher in your building you may place in it the Shared Drive "S." From there they can access it with ease.
3. To share the presentation with a teacher in a different building, or an administrator, you must e-mail it to them.
4. When sending someone a prensentation via e-mail there are a few things to keep in mind:
* Any WAV audio files used will be embedded (part of) in the presentation
* Any MP3 audio files used will NOT be embedded in the presentation
* Any video files used will be embedded in the presentation
5. What does all of this mean? When using media (audio or video) you will want to be careful where that media is placed before you incorporate it into your presentation. For this reason we recommend the following:
* Create a folder called "Presentations" in your home directory "H"
* Store all presentations and their associated audio/video files there
* If you start to have a large number of presentations, put each one in its own folder there
6. In regard to MP3 files mentioned above - it is necessary to store the presentation and the MP3 file in the same folder. When e-mailing the presentation you must also send the MP3 file for it to work properly.
7. As always, if you have any further questions inquire via the Help Desk.