Welcome to the Bethpage UFSD Help Desk and Support Web Site!
Here you will find connection instructions and troubleshooting information for the Terminal Services Remote Access Web Connection for administrators.
Connection Instructions for Internet Explorer 5.x and 6.x
1. Open up a new web browser window (Internet Explorer only) and navigate to the connection page
2. After roughly 15 to 20 seconds you will see the below message (for Internet Explorer 7 see below):
3. You will need to click the Yes button so that a small client program can be installed on your computer
4. Click the button labeled Connect to bring up the login screen (you may also adjust the display size using the pull-down menu)
5. A standard login screen will appear and you may enter your username and password
6. Thats it! The connection is complete.
NOTE: You can minimize your connection screen to go back/forth between your local desktop.
Connection Instructions for Internet Explorer 7.x
The steps 1-6 are the same as above except for step 2. Some of the new security features in Internet Explorer 7 require the following three steps:
2a. After roughly 15 to 20 seconds you will see the below message (Internet Explorer 7 only) and must click on the blue notification bar
2b. The below control box will appear and you must click on the button labeled Sites.
2c. The below control box will appear and you must be sure that the web site is entered as it appears, and then click Add and then Close
2d. Move back to step 3 above
Connection Instructions for Apple/Mac users
There are 2 versions of the Remote Desktop Connection Software for Mac. Please see the below instructions and install the appropriate version for your mac. Once you have installed the software for mac, please speak to us at the Help Desk for further instructions.
Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.0.1
Download File Name: RDC201_ALL.bin
Operating System Versions: Mac OS X version 10.4.9 (Tiger) or a later version of Mac OS
Note To verify that your computer meets these minimum requirements, on the Apple menu, click About This Mac.
Remote Desktop Connection Client 1.0.3 for Mac
Download File Name: RDC103EN.bin
To use Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client 1.0.3 for Mac, your Macintosh computer must meet the following minimum requirements:
* Processor: Macintosh PowerPC.
* Operating system: Mac OS X version 10.2.8 or later
* Memory: 128 MB of RAM.
* Hard disk: 3 MB of available hard disk space temporarily required to complete installation; after installation, 1.1 MB of hard disk space.
Note: The hard disk should be in Mac OS Extended (HFS+) format, the default format for Mac. Microsoft does not currently support running Remote Desktop Connection from a hard disk that is in another format. To determine the format of your hard disk, on the Apple menu, click About this Mac, and then click More Info.
Issue: After applying Windows XP SP3 I can no longer connect? What should I do?
1. Click on Tools>Manage Add-ons>Enable or Disable Add-ons
2. You will see that the Microsoft RDP Client Control is Disabled. All you need to do is click on the Microsoft RDP Client Control, then Click on the Enable button, then Click OK.
3. After clicking OK you will receive the following message. Close your web browser then open it back up and the remote access will work once again.
Pop-up Blocker: You must temporarily turn off or disable any pop-up blocking software
Firewall: If your system is running Windows Firewall or a third-party firewall it must be turned off